A fire broke out early Saturday at the Coachella music festival in Indio, California, authorities said. No injuries were reported.
The fire, at a mobile shower unit at the Empire Polo Club grounds, was reported at 2:06 a.m. local time, Riverside County Fire Department said. Four engines responded to the scene, near the center of the venue.
One trailer was damaged, while a second was destroyed, they said. How the fire started wasn’t immediately clear. The fire sparked just days after a longtime Coachella worker fell to his death while setting up for event.
Concertgoer Lauren Rae Levy, who witnessed the fire, said it brought back painful memories of a recent California wildfire.
“My fiancé, Marcel Vigneron, and I have an RV in the corner area close to where the fire was. It all happened a few minutes after 2 a.m., and the flames got high quickly,” Levy said. “We were told at one point we had to vacate the premises, but then we were told it was OK and we could stay.”
Coachella kicked off Friday with Donald Glover, who raps and sings as Childish Gambino, as the headliner of the annual arts and music festival held over two weekends in April.
Tame Impala and Ariana Grande are due to headline Saturday and Sunday, respectively.